According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), employers identify the ability to work in
a team as the top attribute they look for on a candidate's resume.
(Source: NACE Job Outlook 2017).
On the flipside, many students express a distaste for working in groups.
The University of Arizona is implementing innovative ways to help students build this in-demand skill, starting with
"Build the Skill: Collaboration."
"Build the Skill: Collaboration" is developed in partnership with the Education Design Lab
and universities across the
globe that are helping students develop the skills employers are looking for.
- 8 week experience (March 6 - April 28)
- Manageable time commitment:
- Approximately 1 hour/week online (D2L)
- Fun, interactive in-person activities
- Meet your cohort at Launch (March 22, 5 pm - 6:30 pm)
- Practice the skill at Simulation Day (April 15, 9 am - 2 pm)
- Distinguish your LinkedIn profile with a "Collaboration" notation from UA
Questions can be directed to the Office of Student Engagement email@example.com
The next Build the Skill: Collaboration will be offering in Spring 2018.